Am 21.06.2018 um 12:09 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
Am 16.06.2018 um 19:03 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

I use ffmpeg on a router to restream a DASH-stream
(https://live.idnes.cz/slow/slowtv7_720p/manifest.mpd) to a local
htdocs-folder as HLS on the router. The media-server xupnpd2
reads the HLS and transfers it to the TV.

On the DASH-stream website
https://slowtv.playtvak.cz/prave-ted-mazaci-tramvaj-jede-prahou-d73-/mazaci-tramvaj.aspx?c=A150908_111659_mazaci-tramvaj_plap
is a map with the actual position of the tram. The router is to slow
for re-encoding using the video-filter "overlay".

Is it possible to integrate a bitmap-based subtitle in the generated
HLS-stream containing an actual map-image (e.g.
http://staticmap.openstreetmap.de/staticmap.php?center=50.05619,14.43873&zoom=15&size=800x300&maptype=mapnik&markers=50.05619,14.43873,ol-marker)
without re-encoding?

In theory, you could provide subtitles but all formats are palettized
and creating a palettized image also takes time. In any case, you
would have to implement this programmatically.

Could someone provide a workflow how to do that programmatically. Until
now I have only worked with the ffmpeg-application in combination with
xupnpd2 mediaserver.

Sorry, this is not something a beginner will be able to implement.
The overlay filter is the only way to do this currently, its performance
has been increased lately but that does not necessarily mean it will
work on slow hardware.

Carl Eugen
For a test, I exported a bitmap-subtitle in "Subtitle Edit" and run this ffmpeg (git-version) command:

ffmpeg -i http://62.113.210.250/medienasa-live/_definst_/mp4:punktum_high/playlist.m3u8 -i sub.idx -i sub.sub -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -map 1 -c:s:1 dvd_subtitle -metadata:s:s:1 language=eng -movflags frag_keyframe+empty_moov -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -f mp4 -listen 1 http://192.168.178.22:1234

The output from http://192.168.178.22:1234 was served via Gerbera-mediaserver to a Panasonic-TV. The TV could not display the video and ffmpeg exited with "broken pipe".

I already asked this question in an other issue, but again: Could someone test this with a TV (maybe a different vendor) to find the required ffmpeg settings?

Thanks, THomas