Am 26.06.2018 um 22:44 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

For a test, I exported a bitmap-subtitle in "Subtitle Edit" and run this
ffmpeg (git-version) command:

ffmpeg -i
http://62.113.210.250/medienasa-live/_definst_/mp4:punktum_high/playlist.m3u8
-i sub.idx -i sub.sub -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -map 1 -c:s:1
dvd_subtitle -metadata:s:s:1 language=eng -movflags
frag_keyframe+empty_moov -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -f mp4 -listen 1
http://192.168.178.22:1234

The output from http://192.168.178.22:1234 was served via
Gerbera-mediaserver to a Panasonic-TV. The TV could not display the
video and ffmpeg exited with "broken pipe".

Does it work without subtitles?
No, it doesn't work. The main problem is still the listen mode. I contacted Panasonic-support for help. Maybe you could test listen mode on your TV device.

I don't think dvdsub in mov is widely supported, test dvbsub in
mpegts (but note that the mpegts muxer has known issues, only
test one video and at most one audio stream for a start).
It also doesn't work, because of the listen mode. How to generate dvbsub from text or image?

Carl Eugen