On 2018-07-25 18:52, Dragan Randjelovic wrote:

Recommendation:

-several ssd drives in raid 0 configuration ...[snip]...
-use thunderbolt port straight from camera or capture trough some interface
like Black Magic 4K studio pro (preferably over sdi interface) ...[snip]...

use either software coming with the capturing board  ...[snip]...
or use ffmpeg with manners  ...[snip]...

Try not to record raw but to transcode on the fly or make use of camera's
potentially built in encoder.  ...[snip]...

Do you have a reference signal?  ...[snip]...
As far as refresh rate value goes, make sure that both camera and capturing
adapter support desired one.

Capture long and prosper!

P>S. Oh sorry I just read top of the house part. I guess 100m is enough.
Forget about clock and use SDI over coax.

This looks like off topic isn't it ?
Thank you, Dragan. Off-topic or not, it's very helpful suggestions as I report to my boss about building the capture system.

Actually, it makes me inclined to tell my boss to hire a proper digital video expert to design the capture system, or to pay for the proprietary capture system. I'm just a software engineer. I can figure out these video factors, but maybe my boss doesn't want to pay me to learn all of that.

--
    --Jim DeLaHunt, j...@jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
      multilingual websites consultant

      355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
         Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953