>Uh. Not sure how you know you want to transport data “similar to timed id3
>metadata” when you don’t know what it is, it would help if you could tell us
>what kind of metadata you’re looking to include…
>
>Timed ID3 tags are only used in HLS (I think, don’t quote me on that). They’re
>literally ID3 tags (such as that you might find in an mp3 file, for example),
>that are inserted at certain points in time in the TS stream.
>
>The way I’ve seen it being it used is to change the title of the stream at
>discontinuity points (for example it could be a tag with metadata for an
>episode of a TV show, then another could be inserted when ads play, or another
>show starts, etc)

The usage of id3 timed metadata can be found in the following link:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/AudioVideo/Conceptual/HTTP_Live_Streaming_Metadata_Spec/2/2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010435-CH2-DontLinkElementID_9

The format of metadata in flv is of AMF, and you can find some company has
implemented it, i.e. to convert amf into id3:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-timed-metadata-in-wowza-live-streaming-workflows

I think the function can be implemented in some self-defined bsf.

Thanks!

Regards

Andrew