On 04/17/2020 02:46 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
On 4/17/20, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another cogent point:

Suppose I put 'datascope' before a filter that would pass the original frame
(say, based on a
color), but that the filter won't pass the 'scope' image (because it doesn't
contain that color). I
haven't tried it, but I'll bet that the 'scope' image doesn't appear at all
and that the frame is
dropped.

(Note that if I moved the 'datascope' to after the filter, it would work as
expected.)

Supposing that I'm correct, and considering the prior experiments that I did
conduct, the
non-recursive nature of ffmpeg filter complexes is an important
architectural feature that's not
documented.

Understand that I'm not criticizing ffmpeg. ffmpeg works how it works and
that's fine. It just
doesn't work like an oscilloscope. It could have been designed to work like
an oscilloscope, but it
wasn't. That's okay, but it really should be documented.

Do you agree, Paul, or am I mistaken?

Tried this simple command?

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc2 -f lavfi -i testsrc -lavfi
"[0:v]select='mod(n,2)'[a];[1:v]select='1-mod(n,2)'[b];[a][b]interleave"
-f null -

Interleave filter use frame pts/timestamps for picking frames.

The interleave filter is not the issue, Paul. Your response is off-topic. Nonetheless, I'll try to respond constructively.

Regarding your command line, I read https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#lavfi. I didn't understand it. That 'said', your command line appears to alternate frames: frame 0 from testsrc, frame 1 from testscr2, etc. But to directly answer *your* question: No, I have not "Tried this simple command".

Since you have not responded to my "Do you agree" questions, and have instead presented me with some sort of puzzle (or test), well, I don't know what to think.

If there's one thing I've learned about you, Paul, it's that you don't answer simple questions with simple answers.