Am 26.01.21 um 20:33 schrieb Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user:
As regards the issue of release versions, the way I usually do it is to download a
statically-built executable. As a windows person I'd invariably do this anyway; I have
built ffmpeg on windows but it's a real hurt in the hiney. There are usually executables
available which presumably represent "current git head" as it existed at some
point in time. It's anecdotal, but I've never had a problem with these. You can update at
will, or keep your known-good setup together for the price of simply including that
executable file.
but as you can't walk on your own feets at all on windows how are you relevant to the topic?