On 2021-03-05 10:35, pdr0 wrote:
Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote
'yadif=mode=send_field' is one way to convert fields to frames at the same
frame size and twice the
FR. It does it by repeating fields, but it also adds cosmetics -- it is,
after all, a motion
interpolation filter.

I seek a fields-to-frames filter that does not add cosmetics. In my
pursuit, I look for such a
filter every time I peruse the filter docs for anything. I've yet to find
such a filter.

Do you know of a fields-to-frames filter that does not add cosmetics?

Yadif is not a motion interpolation filter

Okay, not motion interpolation. My bad. I remember "motion adaptive" being used to describe what yadif does. And there's this: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Yadif "...by Michael Niedermayer. It check pixels of previous, current and next frames to re-create the missed field by some local adaptive method (edge-directed interpolation) and uses spatial check to prevent most artifacts."

I need line doubling that, as its bottom field, simply duplicates the top field.

[A+b] ==> [A+A]   ...if a [b+b] frame is also produced, I'll throw it away.

I know of several ways to do it with a series of filters but they take extra time. A simple, dedicated line double would be fast and just what I need.

The filter will be applied to a single frame that's isolated via modulo
selection.