On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 10:38:22 +0100, Reino Wijnsma <rwijn...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 2022-09-21T17:10:21+0200, Dan <twinbe...@skytopia.com> wrote:
Thanks for both of those ffmpeg CLI lines! They do actually work for me (in MPC
and Chrome).
Would you consider both of the lines safe to use?
These commands, after careful observation, are the ones that work for me to
closely match the original colours.
I'm no expert, nor am I an FFmpeg-developer, so someone else would have to answer whether
it's "safe" to use.
I guess it is though.

I resubscribed just to give some finality to this.

I managed to reproduce the problem that I had before and just to confirm at
least one of
your two command lines came through wonderfully! The line with: "-color_range tv
-colorspace bt470bg"
inside was quite good, though some RGB values were off by up to 4 units.

However the winning line:

ffmpeg -i input.png -t 5 -vf "zscale=m=709" -c:v libx264 -crf 0 out.mp4

...seems practically flawless, with RGB values only off by up 1/256. The
"zscale=m=709"
really seems to do the trick.

Tested with the flat green colour and with the testchart.png

Thanks, Dan