On 18/06/2024 11.16, Greg Oliver wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 9:45 AM Mark Filipak <markfilipak.i...@gmail.com>
wrote:

MasterQuestionable appears to be the boss of trac. I don't know whether
MasterQuestionable is a
person or a group. The language from MasterQuestionable is as one would
find in a chat among peers
(i.e., developers) who come into the chat with a wealth of experience and
a common language and a
particular viewpoint. The language is extremely terse and hard to follow.
MasterQuestionable assumes
I know what I'm doing and that I know what's on-track and what's not
on-track.

There needs to be a triage facility between ffmpeg-user and trac in which
ideas are discussed,
problems are thought out, and good problem statements are formulated. The
triage needs to be led by
senior users (volunteers) who have been around here a while.

MasterQuestionable is expending much time and energy mentoring me because
I have not been prepared.
That's wasting MasterQuestionable's time that could be better spent.

Think of trac as an operating room. Think of triage-to-trac as prepping
the patient for surgery.
That prep does not occur in the operating room.

Mark,

You should join this list and send these inquiries there..

That is not the appropriate place:
"[ffmpeg-devel] is about FFmpeg development discussions and patch submissions"