Progressive News & Views (since 1982)
Stupid question perhaps, but I'd like to hear an answer or answers.

I live in South Florida and for a long time I longed to turn on the radio in
the car and hear a lefty station.  I'm sick to my stomach of hearing right
wingers and fundies all over the radio dial.

What's more, I don't want to pay for satellite radio, and I don't want to be
downloading anything to listen to it later.  I just want to turn on the
frikkin' radio NOW and hear lefties speak.  That's all.  Is that a lot to ask?

Into this void, along came Air America.  It was funny, it exposed the latest
right wing crap openly, with no holds barred, it was great, and I could listen
to it any time I wanted.  Now suddenly they are having financial troubles.

More importantly, looks like we lefties are now eating our own by attacking the
only lefty nationwide radio station that can be heard in S. Florida that
doesn't involve paying satellite radio money or downloading stuff to hear it?
Why, instead of bashing the only lefty radio station we have, can't we figure
out how to help them?

I'd like to point out that the majority of people in the U.S. don't have
computers and/or are not computer geeks that download MP3 files.  We need a
real, live, on-air radio station, to counteract the millions of on-air radio
stations the fascists have.  A lefty radio station has to reach the computer-
less:  the working poor, seniors, homebound mothers with children, and
commuters (who want to listen to something, not wait till later to hear it).

I'd like to hear solutions, to hear if there's anything we can do to ensure we
don't lose Air America, or find a way that other lefty stations are born.

      -----
     / o o \
Hank Roth's Place - http://pnews.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (on the InterNUT since 1982)