photoscientia wrote:

> I'd already given PS5.5 over 4 gigs of space, spread over 4 scratch
> disks, and it's still as light on its feet as a sow in labour.
> How the heck it can run out of space, and come to a grinding halt
> doing a batch scan of only four 54meg files I don't know. (And I've
> got 256 meg of RAM that I've given it 80% use of)
>
> Photoshop seems to have the memory management of a goldfish suffering
> from Altzheimers.
>
> Regards,           Photoscientia.

I think your last line really sums it up.  I rarely LOL from posts but
your comment gave me a chuckle.

Luckily, I'm sitting by myself right now, or I'd have to try to explain
the humor.

I heard a good joke about goldfish and their micro-shortterm memory, but
I forgot it ;-)

Oh now I recall...

Goldfish have a short term memory something like 3 seconds long.  So
they are quite happy going around and around that fish bowl thinking...

Gee, that's a really nice castle...

Gee, that's a really nice castle...

Gee, that's a really nice castle...

But imagine if one goldfish had a just slightly longer short term
memory...

Hey, there's that darn castle again,  I must be swimming in circ...

Hey, there's that darn castle again,  I must be swimming in circ...

Hey, there's that darn castle again,  I must be swimming in circ...

;-)

Gee, somehow this reminds me a bit of the arguments concerning
standardized scanner testing, but I can't recall why ... ;-)

Art