> I agree that further evaulating the MTF at different points is also
> worthwhile.
> It would be nice to add such a test to the group scan tests but takes more
> expertise, equipment and time than the average contributor has.   If you
> new
> site will be plotting the full MTF for each scanner then I think that's
> great.
> Very useful.

I think that any site doing a proper comparison of scanners (or any other
optical instruments) has to include MTF measurements.

For one way to do this see http://www.mitre.org/research/mtf/index.html .
They have software that evaluates the MTF off a digitized image that contain
a known set of sinusoidal patterns.  Various targets are available from Sine
Patterns ( http://www.sinepatterns.com/MTF/Arrays.htm ) for around $800
each.  The M14 pattern contains 19 different sinusoidal frequencies from 1
to 128 cycles per millimeter.