James L. Sims <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With a film target there is very likely a limiting resolution of 50 to
> 60 line pairs/millimeter (2540 to 3048 ppi).  Resolution should
> be measured at high contrast using an etched glass plate at
> some known spatial frequency and line width.  I believe it would
> be difficult to determine ultimate resolution using the Kodak
> target.  There are resolution targets available on glass plate
> and etched in metal but these may be impossible to use with a film
scanner.

Does anyone have any comment about my idea of writing the
USAF resolution target onto film using a film recorder?
I was thinking that if it was done using a really fine grained
film, it would be a useful way of getting a reproducible target
for use in different scanners.
K64 or K25 may be the only options unless I can get updated
film settings for the recorder (which I think is a Polaroid).

Rob