> Could you please tell me your best tips (according to scan quality) of the
> slide and negative films. What do you think what is better
> in the fast range (400) slide film or negative ?

Tom, I'm just starting an exercise to try to determine which films look
best when scanned.  What film scanner are you using?

> For taking pictures of my kids the Velvia and Provia100 are too slow. I am
> using Provia 400F and Ektachrome Elite Chrome 400, I was reading that both
are
> very grainy but I can't find the big differences between Provia 100 and
400
> (slide projector). Kodak in my opinion has warmer colors than Provia.

You could try Provia 100F push processed to 400.  I've read that this
doesn't
show much increase in grain.  Mihai just posted about new Fuji films which
could be worth checking out when they hit the stores.  I don't know about
others, but my experience has been that slide film shows less grain than
negs
of the same speed.  I guess it's inconvenient, but a flash also allows you
use a slower film. :)

Rob