My Nikon LS-1000 has some unevenness in scans (which is common to this model,
it sounds from web sites and newsgroup postings). It has a magenta
cast (or green in transparencies, of course) along the top and bottom of the
frame. It's barely visible in most scans. In many it's completely
invisible. But in some (especially with overexposed negatives or
underexposed slides), it's quite apparent. Here's an image that was pretty
overexposed and shows the problem much more than most:

http://www.sharding.org/outgoing/temp/plane-crash-3.JPG

This is the full frame from a scan of an overexposed color negative (Kodak
PJB).

You should be able to see it pretty well in the dirt along the bottom and in
the sky at the top.

Like I said, in most scans it's invisible or so subtle that it doesn't
matter. But the one above is unusable without cropping. Is there anything
that can be done about this, or do I just have to live with the fact that
dense film will not be usable?

Thanks.

sean

--
Sean Harding [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | "I am a deeply superficial person."
http://www.dogcow.org/sean/       |  --Andy Warhol