> I can't understand the practical usefulness of a concept like
> digital watermarking, which actually invites the stealing of
> your images because there's NO visible deterrent.

Because a visible copyright mark can be cropped off the image, and a digital
watermark is more difficult to remove (in principle anyhow).

> Specializing in web sites for artists and photographers, I
> always recommend adding the web site URL and possibly the
> phone number to each image as a text layer in Photoshop.

Certainly it's something which can be done if it doesn't
ruin the effect of the image.  I think that's the main
objection - having the text usually detracts too much
from the image itself.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com