Tony wrote:
> 'You must supply CMYK' = 'we aren't going to buy a Mac and PS
> and learn how to use them, even if it means the client gets a
> worse print job'.

This leads me to something I've been wondering (and I'm gonig to ask this
on Usenet as well) - do the colours shown on the screen after converting
an image to CMYK in PSP or PS really reflect the way it will look when printed?
 I'm assuming they are inaccurate - certainly in PSP.  If you save an RGB
image as CMYK then load it back in, the colours will have shifted a LOT.
I *think* this is because PSP is trying to display a CMYK file on an RGB
device (monitor) but I don't know for sure.  When making CMYK TIFFs for
my brother's printing company I provided jpegs for comparison - so they
can fix the colours if they want.  What I was worried about was that if
I edited the CMYK file, the printed result would look awful.  Am I on the
right track in thinking that what is required is a profile for the CMYK
device before adjusting the colours in CMYK is advisable?

>From what i've read here and elsewhere there's no simple answer to this
issue.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]