> Just to prevent reinventing the wheel, is this based upon personal
> experience?  My assumption would be different (since Photoshop does a
> wonderful resampling job, and many printer spoolers do not

I've tried printing same image at 240,300,360 and 720dpi. I reckoned 300
looked slightly better than 240, using an Epson 1200. I couldn't see any
change with the higher figures. I resample to 300dpi now in PS, and that's
also convenient because it has become the de facto standard for repro. At
least that is what I am invariably asked for, even though it is more than
necessary.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner