In two years of scanning negatives, I have not experienced non-dust white
spots on negatives. I always had dirt-cheap Target do the processing, too.
Any white spots I see can be removed, or at least pushed around.

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Julie, female Galah (3 1/2 years and going strong at the moment)
Little Birdie, male Splendid Parakeet (13 years)
Snowflake, male cockatiel (12 years)