Hi!

I use GIMP for daily image manipulation. Unfortunately I can't say anything
about color management. I did some experiments with SCARSE, which seems to give
reasonable color, and some artifacts. I think that Adobe RGB may be the best
choice to use with GIMP.

Vuescan is nice, although it has some problems. Most notably with cropping.
Regarding printing there are some options for Linux. Printpro from
www.easysw.com supports many printers, but costs money. Gimp-print
is very promising , http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net.

I'd say that Photoshop is smoother than GIMP, even if GIMP made greate progress
in recent months. The version I use now is GIMP 1.28.

I have some info on my homepage: http://come.to/erik.kaffehr

Regards

Erik

--
!!!!!!!!!!!! New email address please update your address book !!!!!!!!!!
Erik Kaffehr                [EMAIL PROTECTED] alt. [EMAIL PROTECTED]