At 19:05 28/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I know one or two of the lists I read have had discussions about this
>subject. I would like to know how the Kodak CD-R Ultima 80 is for storage?
>It says on the package that it is silver and gold. What was the verdict on
>the best cd's for storage?
>
>Thanks, Jules_C

Stick to the best ones. I'd recommend Kodak gold/gold (reflective layer and
a dye), they supposed to last tens or even more years. In Sydney you can
get them for AUD55 for 50 on spindle,
Another good buy is TDK. with the price difference non existent, get the
best. some recording programs require manual setup to allow disks larger
than 74 minutes to burn. However, some cd recorders won't do 80 min, like
some Sony/HP. Kodak Ultima 80 is OK

Roman

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
in Australia".