-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dan Kimble
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 2:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: opinions kodak rfs 3600 scanner Vs Minolta
dual II

Ditto Spencer,

I also bought the RFS3600 scanner. I think that I was the first person
on the list to get one. I agree with your comments. The software is the
weakest link at this time but still usable. Kodak has informed me that
there will be a patch to the current software available within two weeks
and a complete revision early next year. The guys at Kodak know that
they have a few bugs in their software and are working to get them
fixed. I like that. I'm very happy with with the scanner otherwise.
Accurate color, sharp images, no color corrections, it's a keeper.

P.S. I have not had any computer lockups bad enough to cause a reboot. I
have had to uninstall and re-install once or twice though.

Dan Kimble

Sumtingwong wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I just happen to be the owner of both (well almost) of those scanners.  I
> have the older Dimage Scan Dual, which I was very happy with.  The Kodak
> scanner has been worth every penny that I paid for it, so far...
>
> The scans from the Kodak are great.  The software is kind of buggy at
times;
> I have to restart my computer every once in awhile, but the results have
> been amazing for what I have been using it for.  The software is a twain
> interface, and I am able to do individual color corrections, levels, and
> some sharpening with the software.  I have not needed to do any color
> correction in PS since I have used it.  (I do do some touch-up, though).
If