Chris McBrien wrote:

> David,
>         I can't stress enough the need to create and organise folders
> and file names.
>
>         I stores the images from my digital camera in the form of...
>                     01-Garage,jpg
>                     02-Cat.jpg
>                     .... et cetera
>
>         This method does have the upper limit of 99 images, so if
> you're going to go above that on a regular basis, then add another
> leading zero to give a name of...
>                     001-Garage.jpg

FWIW - For digital camera photos, I use the program "PIE", or
       "digital PIE" that's a shareware program from someone in
        Germany if I recall correctly.  Anyway, one of it's main
        features is that one can select all photos in a directory and
        auto-rename them with the date/time they were taken (using the
        data in the photo, NOT the date of the file).  It supports various
        digital camera formats, including the Nikon 950 that I use
        (actually my wife's camera).  It also does it in such a fashion
        that the files "sort" in time-order.  So it doesn't index the
        contents (neither does the camera's numerical filenames), but
        a glance does tell exactly when the photo was taken.

Mike K.