-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rob Geraghty
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 7:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: RE: Film Scanners and what they see.

Laurie Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am surprised you did not know that [RC prints] were not as archival
> as fiber based prints and that you are surprised by this.  However, I
> bet you knew it all along and are just pulling out legs. :-)

Yeah, I knew that only the archival reliability of FB was well understood.
I have also read claims that current generation RC properly stabilised
will last a lot longer than was previously thought.  Wilhelm may be proving
otherwise.

Still, I'm unlikely to be able to go to FB for the same reason I use a
scanner
and inkjet - cost and convenience.

Rob