"Vincent Cleij" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - Are the visible jaggies always directly related to the irregular
> interrupted scanning process?

I thought they may have been related to the PC not being able to fetch the
data from the scanner fast enough, or not being able to process the image
fast enough so that pauses end up being inserted in the scan process and
causing scan line slippage.  Since I now have a reasonably fast CPU and hard
drive, I no longer believe this to be the case - ever - even with a slow
computer.

But I *do* think that it's related to an irregular movement of the scanner
mechanism caused by the particular sequence of commands sent by Nikonscan.
Ed would know better the differences between the command sequences he uses
and those used by Nikonscan.

Rob