I am using a PC.

Stan Schwartz

http://home.swbell.net/snsok

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bob Shomler
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and Insight/Vuescan software ?

>When I use the SS4000 with the Insight software and I use the Adobe1998
>setting in Insight, Photoshop still asks me if I want to convert the image
>to Adobe 1998. When I use VueScan with Adobe1998 selected, I don't get the
>"ask when color profile mismatch" box when opening the image in Photoshop.

Are you using a mac?  A friend with a SS4000 on a mac has this problem.  His
system should have been giving ColorMatch profile, but Insight declared it
sRGB.  I don't know how it was resolved, nor if it was an Insight problem or
system problem (he had to do a number of system repairs); but it's something
to check for.

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/gallery.htm