> But do some of you have the idea to switch to digital for
everyday
> photography? That would seem strange to me.

Yes, I do, as and when I can afford digital 3600x2400 pixel
frames, as I get from my scanner (probably in a decade or
so), because of..

1. immediacy of seeing a preview, so I can take it again if
I shook, someone moved, or I composed the shot wrongly;

2. the remarkable exposure latitude and low-light
sensitivity of the approx. 500 ukpound digital cameras I've
seen and borrowed;

3. time saving and improved quality control, cutting out the
processing & neg handling;

4. elimination of dust trouble;

5. cost (neglecting the initial capital outlay, which is too
much for me at the moment).

Alan T