Larry,
         At the risk of stating the obvious, your display problem sure looks like the
graphics card is not set up properly in W2k. I can get a very similar effect by
setting the card here to 16 bit High Colour, although even then it is not as bad as
your example. Could be a cumulative effect taking place with the screen capture though.

Your surround is still on the Windows default colour in W2k. I always find that one
difficult to sort out when setting up the display, but I have nailed it now. Display
Properties - Appearance - Item box, select 3D Objects, and alter the colour to your
desire.

Colin Maddock