Larry said:
>I'm now seeing the same bad color gradations on
>my Win98SE system with my new 19 inch P991 Dell Trinitron also.

Sure sounds like the monitors. They must be more hi-tech than I realise, I'm probably
way out of date.  Assuming they take in an analog signal from the computer, it's hard
to know how they can give the effect you are getting unless they have some digital
processing of the colours internally. Perish the thought.

I originally thought the problem must be independent of the monitors, as it showed up
on the screen grabs you put up on the Web.  Roll on Monday morning?

Colin Maddock