Rafe wrote:
>I've generally found those film-type "profiles"
>(not the ICC kind, but the kind you find in some
>film-scanner-drivers) to be useful, at best,
>as starting points.  Interesting that NikonScan
>(3.1, at least) doesn't have them at all, yet
>does a pretty good job at inverting negatives
>and coming up with useful, believable images
>with different types of negative film.

I find that somewhat more than interesting. If Nikonscan has no profiles, how does it
know where the startpoint is? This isn't meant to be disrespectful--I'm truly curious.
It might answer some perplexing questions I've had for some time, now.

Photoshop also has no film profiles, and also does a good job of inverting a negative
image. Is it White Point, Balance, or what?

Best regards--LRA

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!