Maris wrote:

>Try the following settings in the from your Control Panel:

>Display - Screen Saver - Settings (at the bottom re Energy saving
features) - Power schemes "Always On"

>System standby "Never"

>Turn off monitor:  After [your choice - any time you want for your workflow]

Those are the exact settings I had Maris. The system is supposed to stay on, but only
the monitor go off. However the "monitor off" setting also hangs the computer itself.

Checked the Bios, and "PM control by APM" is selected, so the power management is
handed to the OS, presumably.

As with Rob's computer, the SCSI card and the video card are on the same IRQ, if that
is a factor. Windows is reluctant to allow a change to this!

Nothing relevant in the Matrox FAQ's, as far as I could see, so perhaps a direct query
to them might help.

 Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Colin Maddock