There was an article on the subject of copyright, artists' rights and picture search
engines in the NY Times
on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2001, on Page 1 of the 'Circuits' section.

So far, the courts have ruled against the photographers, but we are still early on in
the appeals process. It
is certainly a subject to stay abreast of.

The possibility of losses is scary,

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC