Hello, i am having difficulty cleaning slides because of scratches.  It
seems that anything used to clean a Kodachrome causes small scratches.  I
have tried cotton wipes, tp, kimwipes, lens cleaning tissue.  I never use
the same wipe twice.  I do exactly what the Kodak website recommends for
cleaning.  Still i get minute hairline scratches.

So I am looking into ways to clean transparencies without any physical
contact.  I think the ultrasonic is the way to go.  Industrial ultrasonic
cleaners are very cheap at industrial surplus sales, i already have two here
at home and either would work fine for cleaning trannies.

So what I am asking is about is the solvent.  Kodak's site recommends
various types of Naptha (the actual page presents a much more complex
situation)  I am hoping to hear from anyone who cleans slides or trannies
using any solvent, i would like to know what works or what doesn't from your
personal experience.

I agree that Edwall is good, i have used it for ten years.  It costs about
$25 a pint, which is about five times what a solvent should cost.

Thomas Robinson