From: "Ed Verkaik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anyone on here ever used a Howtek 4500 drum scanner?  Someone told me it
will blow away the best dedicated slide scanners. I've used a Nikon 4000ED
for awhile and am basically happy but have always wondered if a cheap, used
drum scanner would be worth getting.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The guy who maintains this page

http://www.terrapinphoto.com/jmdavis/

Tried to make a "cheap used" drum scanner fly and failed.

Is there enough of a quality difference for either stock or fine art?  Would
all slides (35mm) need to be wet mounted?  Convenience is still a factor for
me. :-)
<<<<<<<

People claim they can see amazing differences between drum scans and Nikon
scans. I can't.

http://www.terrapinphoto.com/jmdavis/lws_8000.jpg
http://www.terrapinphoto.com/jmdavis/lws_4500.jpg

David J. Littleboy