Just don¹t ever respond to any of those messages (unless you are interested
:)
That ´s the way they have to know that you are a _real_ person.

I guess Dennis got a lot of spam because his website is well known and have
been there for many years now. The "bots" will have stolen his e-mail
address millions of times.

And yes I have recently received some sex-oriented unsolicited e-mails. They
probably got my address from the Finale, Csound, CEC or Algocomp lists...

Javier Ruiz.

>> Once again I received a 'soft porn' e-mail, clearly marked [Finale]. This
>> one advertising a sex-chat room. In the recipients column was a whole heap
>> of addresses, all starting with "Fin..." e.g. Finishing touch (dry
>> cleaners?), Fingerstall, (manicurists?) etc so I suspect that someone has
>> got hold of a huge address list and is sending random porn adverts to blocks
>> of the list. Nobody else has mentioned this, which worries me a bit. No,
>> it's not my scene so I don't know how I qualify. Just lucky(?) I guess!
>> Anyone else getting this? Or are we too embarrassed to admit it?
>> Regards, Keith in OZ.
>>
> Yep, I got it too. And this was the first time anyone had invaded any of my
> list/serves. I have no idea how to prevent it, though. Anyone?
> Doug

Javier Ruiz, composer
Cno. Piedra Pómez, 2.
38260 Tejina