This is something we use all the time, especially for parts that need to
be taped 'concertina' fashion. So by printing onto A3 we cut the taping
by half.

Assuming your pages are already formatted at A4 size in Finale (page
format for score), either:

Go to page setup and select A3 Landscape and type in 141%
In the print dialogue for your printer select layout and then 2 up
option for page per sheet

OR

Go to page setup and select A3 Portrait at 100%
In the print dialogue select the Finale options and select 2 up

There are 2 slight disadvantages to this process:

1. The music is not quite 'centred' horizontally on the page once
folded. This can be eliminated by tweaking the margins for left and
right hand pages, a fiddle, but once accomplished a template can be made
for duplicates.

2. Duplexing the copies on A3 will not be possible without reshuffling
the page sequences, again possible in the Finale printing options. In
fact printing out anything from 3 pagers to large works can be very
effective like this, once you have the page sequence sorted. It's rather
like taking a the staples out of a small pamphlet and then working out
the page numbers for each sheet. (I believe someone has a plugin for this?)

You could place this sequence in a non printing text block top of page 1
and then cut & paste the numbers each time you need to print that
particular part or score. Finale requires you to type a comma between
each page number in out of order sequences, for example:

With a 28 page score (assuming no cover pages), add 1 blank page at the
end and print the following sequence:

2,27,28,1,4,25,26,3,6,23,24,5,8,21,22,7,10,19,20,9,12,17,18,11,14,15,16,13

Fold the sheets, assemble in sequence, staple up and voila`!