At 10:00 AM 06/20/02, Éric Dussault wrote:

>I think it has not yet been announced what will the minimum system
>requirements for mac in Finale 2003. In 2002, I think OS 8 was supported
>(from OS 7.6 but I'm not sure).

Yes, that is correct.  I am currently running Finale 2002 on Mac OS 8.0.

At 4:37 PM 06/20/02, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>There is one good reason to upgrade to OS 9: OS 8.x had a limit to the
>number of open files, leading to numerous problems if this limit was
>exceeded. Since with Finale, along with every installed font, every plugin
>counts as an open file I had problems already with Fin2k.

I don't know if this is related, but I found that having all the plug-ins
loaded so that they appear on the menu slowed down Finale considerably. I
solved the problem by deleting from my hard drive all but the dozen or so
plug-ins that I use frequently. On the rare occasions when I've needed
another one, I reload it from the CD.

mdl