At 3:38 AM 06/23/02, Michael Edwards wrote:
>     But I suppose one other situation occurs to me: can you write extended
>passages entirely without metre, time signature, or bar-lines - as in some
>concerto cadenzas, for example?

I do cadenzas frequently, and they're no problem in Finale. From the
program's point of view, they are still in meter, you just hide the
barlines and/or time signature changes.

Exactly how I do a cadenza depends on various factors, like how I want it
to appear (eg, system breaks, beaming, spacing) and whether I need it to
play back correctly.  I've found Finale to be very accommodating for such
things.

mdl