Hi folks;

I am kinda new at this, but maybe I can get some words of wisdom.

I prepared a score for my client, and put the result on a MIDI file so I
could play it back and/or send it to him for playback. However, the level of
the tracks was so low that computer noise was very objectionable. It probably
has to do with "base key velocity" but is there some way to correlate dynamic
markings to key velocity levels? I would like fortissimo to be the highest
key velocity of 127, for example. I had a base key velocity of 64, which is
clearly too low. Is it logarithmic?

Perhaps I am expecting too much to want the MIDI file to reflect an actual
performance as far as sound levels go.

By the way I discovered I can create an infinite loop by setting "always
jump" in the Repeat Tool. It never plays anything, just sits there ad
infinitum. Hmm - - what good is it then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tammy