On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 06:58  PM, Richard Walker wrote:

>>> It would seem, also, that Sibelius has a greater capacity for
>>> playback, for the perswon who is interested in direct
>>> recording or computer playback (MIDI, etc.). Its greater
>>> flexibility in articulation styles (pizz. and so on) would
>>> indicate this.

>> This remark seems like wild speculation to me. So how's about
>> you come up with a description of a Sib
>> articulation/expression/playback effect that I can't reproduce
>> in Finale?

> A crescendo in less than 5 minutes and 3 swear words? <g>

Richard,

I appreciate a quick wit however--

1. Scale Midi Volume/Velocity with the Midi Tool for playback
and use Smart Shape hairpins in the score.

2. If you have Executable Shapes set up, then use a either a
non-printing expression with a Smart Shape hairpin or a printing
"cresc." (maybe with a SS dashed line) to do the same. I prefer
this kind because the expression can be placed with a metatool
click.

In all seriousness, let's see that Sib
articulation/expression/playback effect that's not possible to
do in Finale.

Philip

mailto:&#112;&#104;&#105;&#108;&#105;&#112;&#64;&#118;&#99;&#110;&#46;&#98;
&#99;&#46;&#99;&#97;