You can define a staff style to do that, or you can use the mass-mover
and change a region to different noteheads (MassEdit, Change, NoteHeads)
or you can use the special tools to select individual notes and then
click on the icon that is a note with an X as the notehead to change to
a different notehead.

Patrick Hubers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe this sounds very stupid, but I haven't done this for quite a while
> and I can't find the answer in the OLD: I need to change a few noteheads
> in a piece with Sonata as the default music font. However, the shapes I
> need are not in the Sonata font. How do I choose these shapes without
> selecting another font as the default for *normal* noteheads? The note
> shape selection dialog doesn't allow you to select a specific font.
>
> (WinFin 2k2)
>
> Thanks!

> Patrick Hubers
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]