At 10:29 AM 07/14/02, Don Hart wrote:
> Related to my last post is the lack of a cancel button in the "There
> are too many beats in this measure" dialog. It'd be nice to have it
> back.

I have never figured out how to respond to the "There are too many beats
in this measure" dialog. I used to try to figure it out by choosing
different responses whenever I entered too many notes, but I always chose
the wrong button to click.

Here are some of the choices I would think would be reasonable:

1. Truncate the length of the last note I entered, so that it "fills up"
the measure.

2. Don't add the last note I entered at all. (Cancel that last request). I
will re-add the note.

3. Make the "too-long" note spill into the next measure by adding two
shorter notes (one at the end of the first measure, the other at the
beginning of the second, connected with a tie).

4. Really add the note.

There might be other things I would want to do, depending on the
situation.

I no longer even try to think about the dialog. I just press Enter and
then fix up whatever resulting mess occurred.

Weldon

(P.S. BTW, I was overcome by curiosity last week and ordered a copy of
Sibelius for Finale/Encore users, just for well-rounded-ness. I have
installed it but haven't had much of a chance to use it. FWIW, they DO
want either the original title-page and contents page [or something like
that] from the owner's manual or the original CD. I felt extremely annoyed
initially, but finally sent them the CD from an old version of Finale that
I had sitting around ... Actually, I still feel very annoyed about the
whole thing--copy protection, etc. ... but try not to let my stubbornness
stand in the way of learning about something new ...)

--
Weldon Whipple
[EMAIL PROTECTED]