At 8:03 PM 07/16/02, Matthew Hindson wrote:

>* increased numbers of File Info items that could be used as text inserts

Well, I'll be darned.  I never realized that the File Info items were
available as text inserts at all.  Just the other day I was mentioning the
Composer and Title in the context of not being able to cut and paste those
texts.

>* the ability to right-justify measure-attached text expressions

That's one I could really use that no one has mentioned yet.

>* the ability to view (and/or export/print?) a list of time signature
>metatools that are currently assigned

Ooh, there's another thing I'm learning from you today.  I didn't realize
you could assign metatools to time signatures.  Not something I'd use very
often, but I did do a song a few months ago which changed back and forth
repeatedly, so it would have been nice for that one.

>* a "Format with Automatic Page Turns" option, whereby it analyses the music
>looking for a user-defined number of bars, then inserts a page break and
>respaced the staves on the page.  Of course such an option would need to be
>applied with care, but it could certainly save a lot of time when creating
>parts.

This one sounds like a plug-in job to me.

>* intelligent word extensions whose endings are linked to final notes

Yes, please!  This one will be near the top of my list.

[Now Jari Williamsson, responding to Matthew]:

>> * the ability to have the <text> part of text expressions not display on the
>> screen
>
>You can do this: "View/Show Postscript Preview"

Yeah, but that's not an answer.  We want to be able to put angle-bracket
comments in the expression to help identify them, but not see them on the
screen while we're working on the file.  Postscript View lets you look at
it, but you can't do anything once there. (In fact, as far as I can tell,
you can't even move the window, change the enlargement, or switch to
another page.  You've got to get everything all lined up in regular view
before calling for PS view.)

mdl