I am writing a piece for alto recorder solo. In the middle the performer
cups the right hand over the windway/fipple (to form a secondary sound
chamber) and continues to play with the left hand only. The cupping of the
hand has the effect of changing the tone quality and all of the notes sound
approximately one semitone lower than usual. This occurs for 20 bars of
2/4, and then returns to normal 2-handed playing, and normal pitch.

Is there a standard way of indicating the consistent 20 bars of semitone
pitch drop? - I don't want to write this section at actual pitch, just
pitch as fingered (I guess a bit like a transposing instrument).  Obviously
I will have to explain how to cup the hand with a symbol and footnote
description. I don't particularly want to have a bracket over the entire 20
bars, although this might make sense.

Any suggestsions?

Regards Rodney
Melboune, Australia