On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:34:29 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, page by page, especially if you have blank staves (such as keyboard
>parts) you don't want removed.

Maybe I'm not understandiong the question, but I just did this in a
symphony movement of mine.  There are many places where the strings
broke off into divisi, many where they are unis.  You can select only
the systems where you want staves hidden and apply the action to them
alone - for the entire file at once.  For exampel, Violin 1 only, or
all the strings or all the strings and the percussion (which is what I
did) - it's a pretty simple matter.  And you can leave a system -such
as your keyboard - with blank staves showing, no problem.

What I actually do for these sorts of things  is select from the 1st
bar on the second page of the score to the end of the score, since I
often want the whole layout showing on the initial page, subsequently
only that which is applicable.

On the Sibelius list I'm on nobody does any Finale-bashing, so sorry
to hear about the one that does.  But to be fair, I hear plenty of
complaining about both programs on both lists, so which pot calls
which kettle black?  ;-)   I know neither program is perfect - that's
why I'm on both lists.

Ken Durling

Visit my new easier-to-browse PhotoSIG portfolio:
http://www.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=203