> helgesen writes:
>
> > Why does this happen? Working on a three stave work, in scroll
> > view, I go to page view (pre-print) and page one shows
> > measures 1-----6,  7-----12, 13-----18,  19-----24.
> > Page 2 shows 7-----12, 13-----18, 19------24,  25------30.
> > Page 3 shows 13------18,  19-----24,  25-----30,  31-----36.     and so
on!
> > Easily fixed by Control U, (page update), but easy to miss at a quick
> > glance. I got caught one time and did about a 17 page printout
> > for 90-odd measures! Ouch!

> Jari Williamsson writes:
> Because you have turned Automatic Update Layout OFF. There are many
> good reasons to turn this setting off, but you have to remember to update
> the layout yourself when needed.

This would be a simple explanation and easy to fix, except it is not true
(for 2002a on Windows).  I always have 'automatic update layout' set and
have found a number of situations where the last system on a page is
duplicated on the next page.  I have usually had to use 'Redefine page' to
fix this problem.

This also occurs with 'automatic music spacing' where certain circumstances
seem to bypass the spacing process and it is necessary to click on a
measure, with speedy input, and then click somewhere else on the page (or
run music spacing to fix several staves at once).

I have not managed to work out what the real cause of either of these errors
is yet.

Michael Lawlor