On Friday, Nov 1, 2002, at 19:55 US/Pacific, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I would like to avoid deleteing the chords whenever possible, since I at some point would like to put them back into the score. And of course, I don't want to have go through that process every time I make any changes.

As far as muting the accompaniment, will that cause the output MIDI file to not include that?
Finale permits one to mute, re-direct or turn off any instrument or layer.

I think the output file will still have that anyway.
Well, you do have to do it correctly.

As I said before, it does NOT allow me to put the chords on a separate track. I might try using flute or some other instrument for the melody, though.

Yours; Tammy

You should use the Playback Utilities plugin to turn OFF or switch Chord playback to another output instrument. It does not delete chords. You can turn Chord playback on again whenever needed.

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca