At 10:37 AM 11/12/02, Patsy Moore wrote:

>For a long time after we got Finale I didn't have access to a MIDI
>keyboard, and I'm a fluent user of a QWERTY keyboard, so I got very
>quick at using the alpha keys with the left hand and the number pad with
>the right. However, if there are a few notes that go higher than B above
>the treble staff or lower than the C below the bass one I use the arrow
>keys with the left hand and still use the number pad with the right.

Higher than B above the treble staff is no problem; that's what the comma
is for.  Lower than C below the bass staff is a nuisance. I wish there were
a key to get me the next octave down.  I typically get low bass notes by
typing low C in my left hand and then down arrows with my right thumb.  But
if there's a lot of low bass, I'll enter the whole passage an octave higher
and then transpose it all en masse.

mdl