On 11 Nov 2002 at 15:14, Mark D. Lew wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's available to the public, but I know that
> Recordare has a routine that will display all sorts of detailed
> statistics about which notes are used in a piece, calculated from the
> MusicXML data. If you're on a Windows version of Finale with Dolet,
> you might be able to set up something using that.

I had not thought about XML but thanks for the idea. Recordare has
put a few followup messages here. Before those were posted I decided
to try some Linux/Unix hacks on the XML code. It isn't pretty but it
is much faster than going through a whole piece note by note looking
to see if a particular note is or isn't used. It is a Bash shell
script that I'll post in another message. Perhaps the plugin
developers on here can use it to make a real plugin.
James Gilbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jamesgilbertmusic.com/