Title: Re: [Finale] Staff name display
At 1:54 AM -0500 11/25/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the staff name display on only selected systems? I'm working on a score for a composer who sometimes uses one singer's staff for another singer's part.

Linda Cummings
Allegro Music Services

I suspect that you want to hide a staff name ("george", say) so that you can manipulate a text expression into place to name the staff differently (say, to "Lisa"). Don't do it that way. Use a staff style, where only the full name and the abbreviated name of the staff are different, and apply it to any part of the staff where Lisa is singing. The advantages of this are many. You will never have to optimise it, and if the layout ever changes, you won't have to tweak the positioning of the text expression (which tends to move around when layout changes.) It is also dead easy, and it is a "set it and forget it" type edit, meaning you never have to think about it again once you have done it.

All the other solutions proposed are kludges that we had to use before we had the marvelous Staff Styles available.

If you really and truly want NO staff name, then make a staff style that has the staff name hidden, and apply it to all appropriate measures in the staff. Very easy.

Christopher